Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tank 309 - 6 March 2K12 (14th farthest Ever on a Tank)


Refueled yesterday on my way home. I drove through the Wawa gas pumps because they were entirely filled with gas-buying patrons, and then the traffic lights were on my side and I managed to go through two lights and turn left across a busy street without stopping and ended up at the moderately notable Fas mart near my home, where I put in 12.041 gallons of gas.

So it was the 14th farthest I'd ever driven on one tank of gas (448.3 miles), and the 7th most gas I'd ever put into the Mighty Corolla (12.041 gallons), making for a fuel economy of 37.23 miles per gallon.

I was expecting better mileage, but then remembered my last tank refill was at Sheetz and it's probable that the pump there put in a little less gas than the Fas Mart pump did, so the mileage this tank may be falsely reduced since I replaced the used gas with more than I would have used had I gone to the same pump at Sheetz again.

Still, 37 miles per gallon isn't too shabby. Indeed, I'm pretty sure the way I drive the Mighty Corolla gets better mileage than all other non-hybrid cars.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to re-think my conclusion that men who drive BMW-3-Series are the worst drivers out there. It may in fact be all Hyundai drivers (particularly Sonatas) and Honda Civic Hybrid drivers. But that's another topic.

1 comment:

  1. WORST DRIVERS = MALE TEENS WITH FRIENDS AS PASSENGERS. NO MATTER WHAT CAR IS DRIVEN.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger