Friday, August 24, 2007

Tank 129 - 24 August 2007

42.01 MPG!?

Filled up this morning at the Woodbridge Costco, after driving 432.5
miles on this tank. The low fuel light had not come on yet. I felt I
would have been able to get home, but filled the tank anyway because my
last commute home on a Friday took 113 minutes.

Better safe than sorry.

So I put in 10.295 gallons (the second click), which made for the best
fuel economy I have ever achieved in the Mighty Corolla.

I think this is due to many factors, including lighter than normal
traffic, smoother driving, and my increased attention to far-away
traffic conditions up the road.

The weather has been cooler than normal as well this week. I need to
think more about this "hot gas" issue, but right now as I think about
it, I think it's a wash and a bogus myth.

Over the weekend I ought to be able to think about it more.

A better bet is that the cooler weather meant less use of the
mileage-sapping air conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger