Friday, August 24, 2007

The Library is Almost Better than Redbox

I have recently started checking out books on CDs from our local library. I found a pretty large selection of audio books, and one time as I walked a different way back to the checkout counter, I noticed several racks of DVDs.

The library has DVDs to let me borrow for free!

I should have realized this a couple months ago when I bought the "banned cover" VHS tape of The Little Mermaid for $1.00 during their annual book sale.

In the last couple of weeks, we have borrowed "Superman 4: The Quest for Peace," and "Breakfast at Tiffany's." I can honestly say that I got my money's worth from them.

Not only are there piles of classic films on DVD, bur relatively new releases as well. I saw Cast Away (Tom Hanks on a desertrd island) there, and others that I cannot remember right now.

So borrowing audiobooks has opened up this new venue for seeing movies. The one problem is that the DVDs from the library are due back in one week, and some audiobooks take me longer to listed to than just a week. I suppose that's one argument for getting in more traffic, to increase my listening time so I can return the book and movie simultaneously.

Here's an unrelated image just to put a picture in the body of this note:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger