Monday, August 13, 2007

Halfway Through Tank 128

Tank 128 is seeing lots of stop-and-go and in-town travels. Last Friday
my trip home took 113 minutes, most of which was idle speed or less. I
am certain this is just devastating my fuel economy. And over the
weekend, we made many short trips around town to and from stores for
"secret" birthday shopping for almost everyone in the family.

My average trip home on a Friday is about 80 minutes. Recent trips have
been higher, at 81, 90, 110, and last Friday's 113 minutes. I chalk it
up to people taking long weekends and going out of town on Friday
afternoons. Luckily, I usually only have a Friday commute every other
week, so one terribly long drive home every two weeks is okay for now.

This morning was back to normal, with a routine trip to work. I was
encouraged that the fuel tank gauge needle passed by the halfway mark
right about 250 miles. Although I have no data that indicates reaching
this milestone leads towards pretty good mileage, my gut feeling has
been that if I can get 250 miles in half a tank, I'm doing pretty good.

I should be able to make it to Thursday morning before needing to refuel
again. It will be interesting to see how the 113-minute trip home
affected my overall fuel economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger