Monday, June 2, 2008

Father's Day Plans

This Father's Day, I am planning on watching all six Star Wars movies in
order. According to imdb.com, my DVD versions will last 13 hours and 25
minutes, but I think that includes the closing credits. However, that
time will likely be used for potty breaks , snack preparation, and DVD
changing.

I'm going to have to start it before church at 7:00 a.m. for The Phantom
Menace, and then shotgun the rest immediately after church, starting
about 11:30. That will have me done around 10:36 p.m.

My wife and kids are all on board with this idea. The main rule is that
we're watching the movies, not visiting or socializing, so silence will
be in order. Also, food will need to be quick and easy to snack on
during the movies. My wife even suggested I invite other dads to come
for the showings.

I think I will invite other dad friends to see the movies. Since one
can figure out how long the movies are, it can be planned when each will
be starting so my friend(s) can come at the starting time for the movie
of choice.

If this is successful, it may become an annual event, like our annual
viewing of Independence Day on July Fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger