Monday, June 16, 2008

Star Wars Questions

For Father's Day I watched all six Star Wars movies in chronological
order, I - VI. And there are three questions that occurred to me:

1) If Jedis can move heavy things using only the Force, why don't they
use the Force to move themselves around and fly?

2) In Attack of the Clones, Count Dooku piled up Anakin and Obi Wan, and
starts dropping a heavy object on them. Yoda, rather than moving those
two out of the way, holds the heavy thing up and moves it so it falls
next to them and not on top of them. What's up with that?

3) When Padme tells Anakin she's pregnant, he JUST GOT DONE saying "I
was gone for so long, I didn't think I'd ever return." How the heck did
Padme get pregnant when her secret husband was gone for so so long?

I also noticed some neat things, like Palpatine likes to say "leave us"
a lot. And most of the major light saber duels in episodes I, II, and
III have parallel duels in episodes IV, V, and VI, where characters duel
in similar shaped rooms and follow similar patterns.

Also, the opening scroll in Return of the Jedi ended with a string of
three periods like this... I think the other five movies' opening
scrolls ended with strings of FOUR periods, like this....

Overall, it was a great day and an accomplishment I don't think I'll be
able to repeat for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger