Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tank 321 - 13 June 2K12

So I refueled the Mighty Corolla early this morning at the Fas Mart near my home. The last time I refilled at the Fas mart was on May 16th, three tanks ago.

This time, I'd gone 447.3 miles, and I pumped in 11.547 gallons, making for a fuel economy number of 38.74 miles per gallon, which brought my average for the year up to 38.42 mpg. It was the second farthest I've gone on a tank of gas this year.

And then I got lucky for the highway portion of my commute to work this morning. Not only was traffic relatively light and therefore smoothly free-flowing, I immediately was able to tuck in behind a tractor trailer that went a comfortable speed of about 62 miles an hour. And I was able to follow in the draft of that truck for about 23 miles.

1 comment:

Powered By Blogger