Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Trips Home in 2008: Almost 8 Minutes Faster

In addition to tracking my fuel economy, I have taken to documenting the
length of time it takes me to get home every afternoon. Since February
2007, I have tracked close to 400 trips home. It's been helpful, as
trends indicate that certain days take less time than others.

I can say with mild confidence that Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays
will take me about 52 to 54 minutes to drive home, with Tuesday being
most consistent at 52 minutes and a 9.39 standard deviation.

Thursdays and Fridays, however, tend to take at least ten minutes longer
to get home, and with more variation between times. Thursdays average
63 minutes to get home, and Fridays average 77 minutes to get home from
work, a full 25 minutes more than most Mondays and Tuesdays.

But since I have been carpooling this year, my average time has dropped
from 62.52 minutes in 2007 to 54.57 minutes this year. I think this is
because I tend to drive faster and more aggressively when driving Sandra
home, and she tends to drive a bit quicker than me just normally.

Still, it's a little depressing to realize that so far in 2008 I have
spent close to 7 full days driving home in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger