Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tank 323 - 28 June 2K12

So I actually put more gas in the Mighty Corolla last Thursday afternoon, and just now am getting to report on it. It was super! I filled up at a Wawa in Stafford, and put in 11.311 gallons, after driving 436.3 miles. So my mileage was a solid 38.57 miles per gallon.

Gas was $3.159/gallon at that time.

It was 98 degrees when I refueled there around 3:00 pm.

So that's about it.

This afternoon I am faced with a tricky decision, one that is sort of making itself. We're all allowed to go home 59 minutes early, which would be 3:01 in my case. I am also permitted an hour of healthy wellness exercise time, which I should have started if I seriously wanted to do it today. But I am suspecting traffic will be so bad at 3:01 that it'd make more sense to ride my bike the 34 miles home, as it's the day before a holiday, and sometimes driving home takes about that long anyway on such days.

But today is looking weird.

The Google traffic maps are pretty much showing green stripes on the major roads. I feel much safer on Route 1 when it's yellow and red, because I can ride my bike at those speeds. Green does not make me feel like I want to ride home on Route 1.

It's almost 2:30 and if the traffic reports stay so freaking happy and green for cars, I may be compelled to drive home as well. Rats?

On the other hand, if I do manage to drive home in a not-so-slow manner, I think the rest of my family will be out at the lake for the afternoon, so I may be able to get home, change real quick, and then go out for a ride around the neighborhoods and stuff, which wouldn't be so bad, but it's not like riding home on Route 1 when all those other cars are stuck in stop-and-go traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger