Monday, July 9, 2012

15 (or 14) Commute Days Left, 8 (or 9) Riding Days Left in July

I had a good weekend with two good bike rides that totaled about 67 miles and about 4 hours.

With my recent commute times being a little shorter than average (thank you, Thursday afternoon meetings at the new building!), today's updated pie chart of destiny shows a 46-54 split (thank you, rounding!).

The car commute time is still about 31 and a half hours ahead of the bike riding time, which is totally acceptable. Like I have a choice, really. It is what it is.

Coming up the next two Saturdays, though, I have been signed up for an horrible training of some sort on those two days, which means I won't be able to get in a long morning ride on those days. But also coming up, if the weather holds out, is a fun trip with my friend John to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway. That ought to even things up a little bit.

And tomorrow I expect to add more gas to the Mighty Corolla, so I'll have a mileage update to post. I'm not expecting it to be a great result. I think it's because I've spent a lot of little run around town trips over the weekend and holiday. Plus I've been running the air conditioning in that car like nobody's business on account of the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger