Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Tank 119 - 6 June 07

39.81 MPG. I went 420.8 miles before the "low gas" light turned on, and
431.3 miles total, when I filled with 10.833 gallons at the new
Woodbridge Costco.

Gas was $2.919/gallon.

This is the first tank since I pumped the tires up to 40 PSI, which
occurred about 90 miles, or about 20% into this tank.

Historically, however, the tank after a high-mileage tank tends to be
lower than average. This is a problem that at first seems related to
the amount of gas that gets pumped each tank, but I always pump it the
same, "one more click after the first one."

Another odd thing I have noticed is that if you add up the total trip
odometer readings, they total 42,994.3 miles. But the car's master
odometer reads 43,035. Somewhere there is a glitch. I noticed this
problem last year as well, but have yet to do anything about it.

I read an article about erroneous odometers and that Toyota was
extending warranties because of it, but a difference of less than 100
miles over 43,000 miles seems acceptable, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger