Monday, March 8, 2010

Tank 225 - 5 March 2K10

I drove 58.4 miles after the low fuel light came on this tank, for a
total of 428.5 miles. I ended up refilling at a 7-11 near my office on
my way home Friday, and that 7-11 pumped 11.837 gallons of gas into the
tank of the mighty and still unrecalled Corolla, making for a fuel
economy of 36.20 miles per gallon.

This was my seventh tank of gas for the year, and I have spent a total
of $203.24 on gasoline so far. Last year after seven tanks I had spent
just $125.48 on gasoline.

This makes me happy.

I hope gas gets even more expensive so people start complaining about it
again. When that happens, traffic in general flows more smoothly
because more people drive slower (like closer to the speed limit) and
they choose to drive their smaller cars instead of their big-assed SUVs.

I could probably make a chart to compare the time it took me to drive
home vs. the cost of gasoline. I have years worth of data. But I don't
want to do that right now. But I know I'd be proven right, so why
bother?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger