Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tank 224 on 2/24!

Went to the Wawa in Central Park on my way home last night and the pump
stopped after 11.414 gallons. I had gone 432.2 miles, so my alleged
fuel economy was 37.87 miles per gallon, the highest since November 12
of last year.

In my experience the gas pumps are likely set differently, so this great
mileage number may be negated to a fair degree if I refuel at another
"more genrous" pump next time-- as that would make the mileage
calculations indicate a lower fuel economy because it'd push in more gas
than the Wawa one.

Since my lasr refueling, I replaced one brake light and both headlight
bulbs. The one brake light because just the one had burned out
(although the other one had also burned out a few months ago), and both
headlight bulbs because they say that headlights fade over time and I
didn't want one headlight to look a lot brighter than the other to
oncoming traffic.

But I may have messed up the light bulb alignment as I put in the two
new headlight bulbs, because from the driver's seat it looks like the
driver's side lamp is aiming a bit higher than I remember it.

Also I replaced the windshield wipers on the corolla and minivan as
well.

MY 2005 COROLLA CE AND 2008 SIENNA SE HAVE NEVER BEEN RECALLED DUE TO
BRAKE, GAS PEDAL, FLOOR MAT, OR ANY OTHER ISSUE. JUST FOR THE RECORD,
ALTHOUGH I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED TO HAVE BOUGHT AMERICAN-BRANDED CARS,
THESE TOYOTAS HAVE NOT CAUSED TOO MUCH PROBLEMS FOR US.

EXCEPT FOR THE DEALERSHIPS WHEN WE GO THERE FOR WARRANTY WORK. THE
DEALERSHIP SERVICE DEPARTMENTS HAVE BEEN MUCH LESS THAN DECENT.

1 comment:

  1. that's "too many problems", not "too much problems" - just thought I'd point that out...

    -"Mr Language Person"

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger