Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Tanks 380 and 381- A Really Neat Coincidence

So I refilled the Mighty Corolla twice since I last updated here, and my mileage continues to suck, only being around 35 mpg, but that's okay because there's only so much I can do about it and 35 mpg is still higher than the estimated highway mileage and I spend probably half my driving now around town, so I got that going for me.

The cool thing that I notices is that this last tank stopped when I had pumped in 11.336 gallons of gas. Three tanks ago, less than 20 days ago, this exact same thing happened, where the pump stopped also at 11.336 gallons.

So two tanks of gas each stopping at exactly 11.336 gallons of gas. That's got to be pretty rare. I mean, there has only been one time in 381 tanks of gas where it stopped at a round dollar amount, and that's just out to the nearest penny. This is going out to the thousandth of a gallon. And I got two matching tanks of gas out to the thousandth of a gallon in less than a month.

So that's kind of neat...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger