Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tank 355 - 14 July 2K13 (My Enthusiasm for Tracking Mileage is Waning)

I refueled the Mighty Corolla last week at the Wawa near my house (I think). For the third time in a row, I had driven over 400 miles, 408.7. Mileage was 36.55 mpg, calculated after pumping in 11.183 gallons of gas.

Last year around this time, I had driven about 9,800 miles. This year, I have driven about 6,600 miles. This is mainly because my office has moved closer to my home. But recently I moved further from the new office, but not quite as far such that the old office commute would be shorter, so overall my commute is still shorter than it was when the office was in Woodbridge.

New concern is simmering in the event that there's a re-organization at my office and some of us get transferred elsewhare in the organization. There's a possibility that at some point I may get re-assigned and be compelled to go work on the base. This would be bad on many levels, because it's farther away, there's generally bottlenecks to get on and off the base most of the time, and I guess those are the main reasons.

But there's no point in worrying about what-ifs and could-happens. So I'll just keep pressing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger