Monday, February 11, 2013

Tank 342 - 11 February 2K13 (I'm Driving a LOT Less So Far)

So I refilled the Mighty Corolla on my way into work this morning, after driving 377.0 miles. I put in 10.584 gallons at the Fas Mart near my house, making for a fuel economy of 35.62 miles per gallon. Interestingly, my cost (at $3.399 per gallon) of $35.98 was only 0.36 away from my mileage.

Part of me wonders if my gas cost has ever equalled my fuel economy, but I suspect it has not since it seems that would be something memorable that I'd really get excited about.

What I have noticed so far is that at this time last year, I had just filled up for the 5th time and not the 4th time as this tank was.
I've driven 1543.7 miles and spent $143.30 on gas so far, where last February 10 I had driven 2145.8 miles and spent $186.48 on gas. That's about a 28% reduction in miles traveled, and a 23% decrease in gas cost.

The gas cost difference is a little deceptive, however, because my first 5 tanks of last year averaged about $3.33/gallon, and so far this year have averaged about $3.28/gallon, which means my fuel economy has gone down, which isn't a surprise because I've been monitoring such things for a while now.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger