Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tank 340 - 15 January 2K13 (I got it at the Wawa!)

I refilled my gas tank while at work just this morning. 10.983 gallons after going 388.7 miles, for a mileage of 35.39 mpg. It had been 13 days between tanks.

Turns out I'm taking this Friday off, so it won't be until the end of January that I'll have a five-day workweek again. I don't think I've gone to the office for five consecutive days since before Thanksgiving.

Well, I ordered a bicycle GPS unit, the cheapest Garmin Edge they sell. Still, at $130 it's not cheap. But as I was talking about it with my lovely wife, she foolishly let down her guard and said "you might as well go ahead and buy it since we know you're gonna buy it eventually!" So I did.

I have acquired other things in this manner as well. About 5 years ago, when I was recuperating from my back surgery and wasn't allowed to sit for more than 30 minutes at a time, Nintendo Wiis were the big popular game system and they seemed to never be in stock anywhere. And since my commute was 45 minutes, I just had to take a rest stop on my way home from those "difficult" half-days at the office.

I had started announcing to the family that I was stopping at Target on my way home and was going to buy a Wii if there was one there. The news at that time reported Wii shortages and out of stock reports everywhere, and my wife knew there was none anywhere, so she didn't onject to my announcement.

Well, one of those days I took my break at the Target and there was a Wii there and I bought it, plus the Wii Sports game that had the second controller, and the nunchuck attachments, too. And I got home and carried the Wii in to the house and the kids went nuts with happiness!

My wife was surprised at this expensive purchase (over $300 for sure!). She asked me why I bought it, and I responded that I had told everyone I was going to buy one if one was there, and since she didn't tell me not to, I went ahead and bought it!

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger