Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tank 284 - 11 July 2K11 - Better Nate Than Lever

I refueled the mighty Corolla over a week ago and then promptly went away on a vacation. I didn't tell anyone I was going on vacation so as to avoid the fear of announcing to all the robbers that my house would be empty and open for robberies.

Anyway, way back to last week, the car had gone 441.6 miles on 11.844 gallons of gasoline, making for a fuel economy of 37.28 miles per gallon. So my dream of making 2K11 the most fuel-efficient year ever is being challenged by two consecutive lower-than-expected tanks of gas in a row, back to back.

However, I can take solace in the fact that I have driven about 1,500 fewer miles so far this year than the similar stretch of time last year.

On the other hand, I can be "continued frustrated" at the fact that my 284 tanks of miles equals 111,891.6 miles but the car's odometer read 111,950 at the time of my last refueling.

Perhaps it's time again to check my tire pressure. I check my bicycle tires every week or so, but don't remember the last time I checked the tires in the Mighty Corolla. Probably I can check it at one of the many Wawas on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger