Monday, January 25, 2010

Tank 221 - 22 January 2K10

The fuel gauge dipped well below the bottom line and blocked the top
corner of the "E" before I refueled with 11.871 gallons of gas at the
fantastic Exxon of Woodbridge. I went 435.9 miles on the tank, 63.8
miles beyond the time that the low fuel light came on. So my fuel
economy for the tank was 36.72 miles per gallon.

My recent string of mileages in the 36-range has been discouraging, but
if the weather warms up a little it'll probably improve. And also, my
overall average fuel economy is 36.92 mpg (and was 37.45 last year), so
obviously some tanks must be lower than average. I hope that soon I
will go through a stretch of several higher than average tanks to help
improve the numbers.

It's probably time to check the inflation of my tires again. I have
noticed that road noise becomes much more noticeable when my tires are
"underinflated" at the recommended tire pressure. But when I pump them
up to 40 psi, the noise is not nearly as pronounced.

Sadly, I saw an headline over the weekend that said that gas prices went
down again. I hope this trend can correct itself and go in the upwards
direction again right soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger