Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tank 243 - 29 June 2K10 and Going Downhill

Refueled this morning at the Fredericksburg Wawa aith 12.451 gallons of
unleaded, officially the most gasoline I have ever squose into that car.
According to the owner's manual, I only had about 0.8 gallons left in
that tank.

Still, I went only 429.2 miles on the tank, so my fuel economy was a
trifling 34.47 mpg. Probably this is because my right foot has become
heavier and I have been driving faster when there is open space on the
highways.

Average fuel economy for the year to date is 37.07 mpg and falling
unless I shape up.

Perhaps I will blame my lack of preventive maintenance. The car just
turned 94,000 miles and I ought to look into cleaning the air filter and
maybe replacing the spark plugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger